February 06, 2009

The end of Command!

ALPHA Company 189th




Today, February 6, 2009 Captain Jeff Morrell completed his command time. It has been an interesting and very LONG 22 months! The ceremony was really nice! The ceremony took place at the Airborne parade area surronded by tanks and planes that are and have been used by the Airborne unit of the Army. Jeff's speech was very nice, as was Colonel Glenn's and the new commader for the unit, CPT Reyes. I recieved a beautiful bouquet of red roses...very sweet. Jeff recieved an awesome framed gift of his Guide-on (the company's flag) as well as the other special insignia of the company and unit. I have no idea where we are going to put it in our home but we will have to find a place of honor for it. Here are some of the pictures from today...

The Family

Jeff and Sherry

Nathan, Brooke, Bekah and Nephew/Cousin Michael












CPT Jeff Morrell and COL Glenn



1st Sgt and part of the soldiers from the unit!

1 comment:

mark berntson said...

Hey congrats Jeff you stud thanks for all you do to protect my freedoms, I admire you men and women that serve this great country.. Thanks. Good to see all the pics wish I was there looks like you have been having some good times. I think that is awesome what you guys are doing for Mikey he is getting a great chance at life there with you. SHERRY WHAT IS UP???? You are looking so great I love you some much and It gets me a little emotional to see you looking so good cuz I know what it means to you..You look great, keep up the good work. I love you Morrell fam Love mark.