Well, it is unfortunate to say but Michael has decided to return back to the SC area. He has made arrangements to live with a friend in Shelby NC. His 2 months and a week here have been interesting in deed. He was attending a GED program, but in my opinion just not as dedicated to learning and studying as he should have been. He put ALL his eggs into 1 basket and counted on getting in the Army with no problems.
BUT he has several of them...1st he pissed HOT so that bad listed him, it took him 6 weeks to clean out his system. 2nd he has a misdemeanor from Trespassing on his father's ex-wife's property...it was reduced to a "prayer for judgment"..it could very well have been a felony, but Pam did not pursue it to that degree. That was very lucky but it still is an issue with the Army. And 3rd, he had to have a medical review on his hand. He had punched a wall when he was about 16 and has a small steel plate in it by his pinky and ring finger on his right hand.
With these issues he did not qualify for the Army's GED program and has to get his GED on the outside before joining. I think our rules and the annoying sparring that he and Jeff always get into is just too much for him - not to mention, he is great with kids except when he has to be around them constantly. It was quite stressful for us, the kids, and him - or in my opinion HE made it more stressful then it had to be. Michael is pretty good at creating chaos around him IF it suits him. Anyway - I am hoping he makes good choices and does not start being stupid...but I must admit I am scared for him. I swear I am going to find him and beat the crap out of him if he starts doing weed again or some of the other stuff he has done...
He has been a pretty darn big help, has done ALOT of yard work and helped out whenever asked to do something. The worst part in dealing with Michael is when he gets bored or we are driving somewhere and he starts talking and some of his thoughts in that head of his are weird, beyond juvenile, and so backasswards it is scary! He definitely makes you scratch your head and wonder about the things he thinks! He also loves shock value...he has been a trip.
Well have to get going and prepare for the drive down to my sister's house. At least I get to see my sister in all this...that's a bonus.
Bye Michael! I love you and hope the best for you. Please Please Please make good choices. Please finish your education...and NO I am not going to give you back your weird earrings until I see a diploma! Hugs Aunt Sherry!
March 28, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
- 08/01 - 08/08 (1)
- 12/13 - 12/20 (3)
- 12/06 - 12/13 (2)
- 07/05 - 07/12 (1)
- 04/05 - 04/12 (4)
- 03/29 - 04/05 (1)
- 03/22 - 03/29 (1)
- 03/15 - 03/22 (2)
- 02/22 - 03/01 (2)
- 02/15 - 02/22 (1)
- 02/08 - 02/15 (2)
- 02/01 - 02/08 (2)
- 01/18 - 01/25 (1)
- 01/11 - 01/18 (1)
- 01/04 - 01/11 (2)
- 12/28 - 01/04 (5)
- 11/02 - 11/09 (1)
- 10/19 - 10/26 (1)
- 10/12 - 10/19 (1)
- 09/14 - 09/21 (1)
- 08/24 - 08/31 (1)
- 08/17 - 08/24 (1)
- 08/10 - 08/17 (1)
- 07/27 - 08/03 (3)
- 07/20 - 07/27 (3)



No comments:
Post a Comment