March 21, 2009

Most Photogenic!

On Saturday the 14th...Brooklynn got to participate in a Princess Pageant.





Brooklynn recieved Most Photogenic and 2nd Runner up. This is the picture we turned in for the Most Photogenic Contest

I let her participate because the rules said that you did not have to have a pageant dress nor should the younger girls wear makeup, which is something I hate to see on little girls. So I wanted the girls to do it for fun and all that. It cost $45 just to participate and then another $55 to participate in other things, like photogenic, best hair, eyes, casual outfit, etc. We decided for me to just take Brooke and make it a mom and daughter day.

It was fun and there were some good points and bad points.

Bad: Didn't leave on time, so we were rushed getting there and attending.
Mom stressed
Brooke had an "attitude"
Heart broke girls who didn't get an award or as many as another one got - Brooke was very upset that she didn't "get" a crown.


Good: Brooke beautiful
Brooke learning what it was all about
Brooke winning Most Photogenic

Here are some of the pictures...I took that day!

Brooklynn Paige Morrell













Brooklynn and the other 2 participants




Brooklynn recieving her trophy for Most Photogenic. She recieved 2nd runner up as well. Only 3 girls, so go figure. LOL











After Brooke was done with her age group we watched the others. In the Little Miss section - ages 7-10 there was a couple of very sweet girls...and this one was fantastic with how she spoke and she had a beautiful Red dress that Brooklynn loved. I asked her if she wanted to go say "good job" or that she liked her dress...but that is when the "attitude" began and she was snotty and told me no, then after it was all done and people were going home, I asked her to say thank you to the judges and again ATTITUDE!! It was awful and made me sad. Anyway - a learning lesson. Needless to say I will not be over zealous to do it again anytime soon!

Take care
Sher

1 comment:

Mountain Sprite said...

Sounds like you have your hands full, cous. I enjoy reading your blog. Thanks for getting me addicted. I now have several! Your princess is very beautiful, just like her mother...

Love
Debbie, your cous in California